Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Quick Write: Think about one of the most important memories you have. Indulge yourself in it. Can you taste it? Smell it? Feel it? What if that memory were taken from you? Will it still exist?

One of the most important memories i have was when i had my 15th birthday celebrated in Dominican Republic. I enjoyed myself so much, if this memory were to be taken from me i would be very upset because i really did enjoy myself that day and my parents went through a lot of trouble just to be able to see me smile and celebrate my special day with me. if this memory was to be taken from me i believe it woulds till exist because that is in my head, but if i were to ave amnesia i would love for somebody to try and get my memory back.

Final Reflection:  "I think therefor I am" Interpret the quote as it relates to Clive. In other words does Clive know he exists? Does he exist? What does all of this say about memory? Finally, What is your brainy explanation for Clive only remembering love and music?

This quote basically defines that a person is trying to prove that if you are able to think for yourself, and speak, or move etc. it does mean that you exist. I believe that Clive does know he exist because as the quote says " I think therefor I am" he is able to think on his own no matter how many times he forgets something that had happened recently. He is also able to see himself so by that he knows he exists. All this states that the memory takes a really strange part of the brain, maybe there are parts of his brain that is able to remember some of his life but the other parts he is just not able to remember anything, If i am wrong how else an you explain Clive remembering his passion for love and music.

No comments:

Post a Comment